Friday, January 1, 2010

{So long 2009... was nice knowing you}

I hope that everyone had the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years. Maurice and I certainly had a busy holiday season this year, but we aren't complaining, because it was full of family and friends and wonderful memories of our first Christmas as Mr. and Mrs.


But before I begin looking forward to a wonderful and exciting and adventurous 2010, and in keeping with last year's tradition, I'd like to take a minute to look back and share the things, both great and small, that I learned in 2009. And without further ado, they are as follows:

- That tiny first apartments as a married couple are meant to be small and humble, and that one day, I'll likely look back on this cramped first year with really fond memories.

- That sometimes, no matter how careful you are, or how many steps you take to prevent it, sometimes people's cars still get broken into, and people's credit card numbers still get stolen. it just happens.

- That marriage is sometimes really tough, and it takes a lot of work, but it is also the greatest kind of love and is completely worth it.

- That when you have a really bad day, say because, your credit card number got stolen, it's pretty great to come home to someone who always has your back and is always on your side in life.

- That wedding planning is something that is inevitably stressful and that it's not something I ever want to participate in again.

- That President Obama is as inexperienced and full of hot air as I anticipated him to be.

- That it is still my responsibility to pray for our leaders faithfully, regardless of political differences.

- That I only have one true enemy in this world, and that others, who may feel like enemies at times, are just his prisoners.

- That Jon and Kate plus Eight couldn't last forever.

- That Saturday mornings are best spent being lazy and watching "Flip This House" with my husband.

- That you can't please everyone, and that many times, it is not your responsibility to try to.

- That it's important, I think especially as a woman, to take the time to take care of yourself, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

- That Riviera Maya, Mexico is a place I wish to visit again. often.

- That the Mexico City Airport isn't a place I wish to visit again. ever.

- That living close to our families is a luxury that I shouldn't take for granted.

- That the right decisions are the ones that pay off in the long run, and that patience is a virtue that isn't always easily acquired.

- That though I may try, God's love for me is still much more profound than I am able to understand.


0 comments: