Monday, December 8, 2008

The Song Game

This goes out to all you music buffs... PLAY!!! Here's how the game goes... the ipod goes on shuffle, and I write down the first line to the first 10 songs that come up. Leave comments with your guesses as to the artist and song title, and I will highlight them when they have been guessed correctly. You may guess on as many as you like, but keep in mind that googling the lyrics is not only cheating, but a sign of poor character.

Happy Guessing!! and when you're done, make one of your own. FYI: in looking at this list, I would say that every single one of these songs is a must-have in your ipod or music player of choice. If you don't know them already, go download them... you will be a better person for it :)

1. "Was it you who spoke the words that things would happen, but not to me... " (answer: "you and i both", by jason mraz)
2. "So you think you can hold the world up by a string" (answer: "brace yourself", howie day)
3. "Gonna close my eyes, gonna watch you go..."
4. "Don't you be wastin all your money on syrup and honey.."
5. "From this day on, I own my father's gun" (answer: "my father's gun", elton john)
6. "Love is a burning thing, and it makes a fiery ring" (answer: "ring of fire", johnny cash)
7. "Yesterday I got lost in the circus, feelin like such a mess"
8. "If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me"
9. "I don't get you, I can't forget what you've forgotten" (anwer: "don't cry out", shiny toy guns)
10. "Another summer day has come and gone away in Paris and Rome..." (answer: "home", michael buble)

and a bonus one!

11. "Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble" (answer: "trouble", ray lamontagne) the bonus goes to the great shannon)

4 comments:

About Us - Nathan & Gina said...

1. You and I Both - Jason Mraz
2. Brace Yourself - Howie Day
5. Father's Gun - Elton John
9. Don't Cry Out - Shiny Toy Guns

Anonymous said...

Here it goes...

10.) "I Want to Go Home" -may artists now have sand it, including a lame country version of recent

11.) "Trouble" by the brilliant Ray LaMontagne

That's all I got =)
Shannon Gallegos

LaLaLauren said...

No. 6
Ring of Fire- Johnny Cash

The Skains Family said...

Hi Kelli. I found your blog through the Mize's. How are you doing? I see you are getting married and Stephanie is about to have a baby (or maybe already did). Just thought I would say hi!